If you’re a graphic designer looking for the best budget laptops for graphic designers in 2022, you’re at the right place and we’re going to be looking at laptops between $500 all the way up to around $1,000. So if that’s your price point then you’re at the right place and we’re gonna dive in right now.
This is very good often the best tech and tools for graphic designers and creative professionals and if you’re curious about the exact pricing and in-depth specs of any of these laptops as we’re going through this article.
You can head down in the description below and click one of those links. Now if you do make it a purchase, I will get a small commission but at no extra cost to you that keeps this website alive and the helpful content coming your way.
One thing I will note about these laptops is they are gonna be built for graphic designers, using say Photoshop InDesign illustrator maybe even the affinity suite, or any just basic graphic design program. So, I’m going to talk through the specs and help you understand why I’ve chosen these laptops.
7 Best Budget Laptops For Graphic Designers
|Acer concepts 3||Check on Amazon|
|Apple MacBook Air||Check on Amazon|
|Acer Swift 5||Check on Amazon|
|HP Envy x-360||Check on Amazon|
|Asus Vivobook 15||Check on Amazon|
|Dell Inspiron 15||Check on Amazon|
|Lenovo IdeaPad S340||Check on Amazon|
1. Acer concept D3
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 4. 5GHz) with Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit.
- NVIDIA Quadro T1000 with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM NVIDIA Studio Laptop.
- 15. 6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display PANTONE Validated Delta E <2 300nit Brightness 100% DCI-P3 Color Gamut.
- 16GB DDR4, 2666MHz Memory, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, and Amber Colored Backlit Keyboard Acer Bio-Protection Fingerprint Solution.
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802. 11ax Dual-Band 2. 4GHz and 5GHz featuring 2×2 MU-MIMO technology (Max Speed up to 2. 4Gbps) 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
The next laptop is the Acer concept d3 this laptop comes with the Intel 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor, 4GB of ram the Nvidia Quadro T1000 graphics processing unit in 512 GB of the SSD.
This is the favorite laptop on the list, not just because it’s the most expensive but it’s truly gonna be the best buy at this price for the home.
And as a side note, it also comes with a DCI p3 of a hundred percent color accuracy which is very similar to Adobe RGB color accuracy.
2. Apple MacBook Air
- Stunning 13.3-inch Retina display with True Tone technology.
- Backlit Magic Keyboard and Touch ID.
- Tenth-generation Intel Core i3 processor.
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics.
- Fast SSD storage.
- 8GB of memory.
- 256 gigs of the solid-state hard drive.
- Stereo speakers with wider stereo sound.
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports.
- Up to 11 hours of battery life.
- Force Touch trackpad.
I know a lot of people are interested in Apple products as graphic designers so I’ve put on here the Apple MacBook Air.
I want to discuss that, this laptop comes with 8 gigs of RAM it comes to the Tenth-generation Intel Core i3 processor. Moreover, It has Intel Iris Plus Graphics and 256 gigs of solid-state hard drive, this will be a good laptop for graphic designers.
The only thing I would mention that if you want this under $1000, you will get 8 gigs of ram but in order to upgrade the ram, or if you ever want to get more power in this machine that able to run more programs at once.
So I would recommend 16 gigs of ram on this laptop and it’s gonna be a little bit more expensive for you but it will give you long-term good results and you will be more satisfied with the performance of it. So, it depends on you whether you take under $1000 at 8 gigs or 16 Giga at more than $1000 but I recommend you to go with 16 Giga for a professional use.
3. Acer Swift 5
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (Up to 3 6GHz) | 8GB LPDDR4 Memory | 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD.
- 14″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Touch Display | Intel UHD Graphics.
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802 11ax | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader | Up to 11 Hours Battery Life.
- 1 – USB 3 1 Type C port (up to 10 Gbps) DisplayPort over USB-C, Thunderbolt 3, USB Charging DC-in 1 – USB 3, 1 Gen, 1 port (featuring power-off charging) 1 – USB 2 0 port & 1 – HDMI port.
- Windows 10 Home.
The Acer Swift 5 comes with the Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor, 8 gigs of ram, the integrated intel ultra HD graphics 620, and 512 gigs of the solid-state hard drive.
4. HP Envy x-360
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 mobile processor: Powerful quad-core, eight-way processing performance. Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it while increasing energy efficiency when you don’t.
- 12GB system memory for full-power multitasking: Plenty of high-bandwidth rams to smoothly run your games, photo, and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs, and browser tabs all at once.
- 512 GB Solid State Drive (PCI-e): Save files fast and store more data with massive amounts of storage and advanced communication power. PCI-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more.
The HP Envy x-360 comes with the 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 mobile processor, 12 gigs of ram so the envy comes with the most ram on this entire list and it has the integrated Intel ultra HD graphics 620 GPU as well as 512 gigs of solid-state hard drive.
5. Asus Vivobook 15
- 15.6-inch FHD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio.
- Powerful AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5 3500U Processor (2M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz).
- AMD Radeon Vega 8 discrete graphics with Windows 10 Home.
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD.
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor-activated via Windows Hello.
- Exclusive ErgoLift design for improved typing position.
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.2 Type-C, USB 3.2, USB 2.0, HDMI, and Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac).
The third machine is the Asus Vivo book 15. It comes with the AMD r5 3500U Processor, 8 gigs of ram, and the AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics processing unit. Furthermore, it has 256 gigs of the solid-state hard drive.
6. Dell Inspiron 15
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.6 GHz).
- 15.6-inch FHD(1920×1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display Narrow Border.
- 4 GB, 1 x 4 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz, 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive, Fingerprint Reader.
- Intel UHD Graphics with shared graphics memory, Windows 10 Home 64-bit English.
- 1. SD Card Reader | 2. USB 2.0 | 3. Wedge-shaped lock slot | 4. Power | 5. HDMI | 6. RJ45 | 7. USB 3.1 Gen 1 | 8. USB 3.1 Gen 1 | 9. Headphone & Microphone Combo Jack.
The Dell Inspiron 15 comes to the Intel Core i5-1035G1 processor 8 gigs of ram and the integrated graphics processor which is the Intel HD graphics 620.
7. Lenovo IdeaPad S340
- Work with Intel Core i5-8265U, deliver incredible responsiveness and smooth, seamless multitasking.
- 15.6 inch HD LED Backlit Anti-Glare Display (1366 x 768), Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Windows 10 Home brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, Like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen.
- 8GB DDR4 RAM Memory for full-power multitasking; 128GB SSD offer enough storage for your files
- 2 x USB 3.1 (Gen 1 Type-A), 1 x USB 3.1 (Gen 1 Type-C), 1 x HDMI, 1 x Audio; 4-in-1 Digital Media Reader
So the first and foremost laptop coming to you and it’s the Lenovo IdeaPad s340. It comes with the Intel 8th gen i5-8265U processor, 8 gigs of ram, and integrated graphics processing in which it has the Intel Ultra HD graphics 620. Moreover, it also comes with 256 gigs of the solid-state hard drive.
The Factors you Should Look for When Buying a Laptop For Graphics Designer
The display is a necessary thing of the graphic design laptop, and if you consider it for photography, it’s the most demanding and top priority aspect.
For photoshop, the size of the laptop screen is selected individually. The laptop models with a diagonal of more than 15.6 inches all-in are compact and lightweight. But it’s not always simple to work on a small display; laptops that have 17-inch screens look better.
Display resolution describes the density of pixels (dots) per inch. If the index is higher, more information is located on the screen. Furthermore, the higher resolution offers good image quality, provides smooth color transitions, and puts up a clear display of graphic elements.
For running graphics in Adobe Photoshop CC programs, you should have a 2-core processor—preferably 4-core or more—including a memory clock of not less than 2 Hz. A series of pentium processors is a budget form that reaches the minimum requirements and will be preferable for graphic design laptops.
AMD are current chips that provide adequate performance but are lessor to the aggressive Intel analog. Their only pros are energy efficiency.
Intel chips are the newest generation, designed according to a current technological process. They offer good performance and modest energy consumption. The range has the high-performance i3, i5, and i7 chips
Photoshop and Design programs are needed to the GPU core of a laptop. If you utilize an outmode integrated video chip or have inadequate video memory, then some image processing features won’t be found in graphics programs.
For working in full-fledged photoshop, you require a strong graphic engine that is compatible with gaming models. The superb variant of the best laptop for designers is a discrete graphics card that offers 521 MB of memory. Furthermore, 2GB is preferable for full HD resolution, 4GB for HD, and 4K UHD.
Ram is important because when you open a program in your laptop then you’re pulling it from the RAM memory and when you pull from the RAM memory, it’s starting to slow down your computer.
If your ram memory is run out then your computer started to delineate the RAM and allow you to use it a little bit here and a little bit there.
So when you add more ram memory to your computer, it allows you to run Photoshop InDesign illustrator, and Spotify all at the same time perhaps without draining the power of your computer. The one upgrade that you do then it will quickly boost your level of laptop performance.
The next one is storage and hard disk drive versus solid-state hard drive, I always recommend solid-state hard drive because it doesn’t have parts and it’s gonna be more reliable and faster.
The hard disk drive has moving parts and the disk has an arm and an eye that’s reading the disk. And that’s how it saves, loads, and pulls information, you need to use it as you’re usually using it on your computer.
So I recommend the hard drive because it’s faster, more reliable, and definitely recommend for the graphics processing unit. Moreover, it’s important if you’re getting into video editing.
The laptops that are featured on this list don’t have great color accuracy outside of the Acer conceptd 3 and the MacBook Air.
So color accuracy is something you’re looking for but you’re also on a budget, these two laptops are gonna be my top picks, or if color accuracy isn’t a huge concern then any of the previous five laptops are going to be a great buy for you.
About H Processor
And now talk about why it matters the H processor is the standard desktop processor or the processor that’s built for gaming and for workstations.
And the mobile u processor is more built for students and also for businessmen who are using the Microsoft suite.
But it’s not well equipped for a workstation or gaming processor to really run multiple programs at the same time and get a lot of power from the processor. And u processor can spike from the place where the H processors are.
But it couldn’t hang for the long and it just ends up and not being able to give more performance as u hope, that’s something you need to realize when you’re buying a more budget laptop that processor is not going to be well equipped as like standard H processor.
For some people, the price isn’t the demanding factor, but for a lot of people, it’s a much important factor. If the price isn’t an important factor but a laptop, you can purchase the newest and most expensive laptop. But this article is written for all types of people who have a budget or not enough budget. So, you can easily buy the best graphic design laptop at an affordable price from my recommendations.
Stop wasting your money, go and get the best laptop from my recommendation that makes you feel free for a long period of time.
So which best laptop will you buy and why? And if you have any questions regarding this so tell me in the comments.